Friday, February 2, 2018

Thrifted Our Generation Doll Makeover!

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

Happy Friday!! (Or whatever day of the week you happen to be reading this!) When I was in town on Tuesday, I dropped into a few thrift stores on my way home... When I came across this little lady with some wild braided hair!


Oh my goodness... I don't know if I was more impressed or appalled by her coiffure? I mean, someone put some time and effort into it, that's for sure! But... Why? To each their own I guess. Maybe they were going for a dreadlock look? That's never been my favorite style , it makes my head itch just to look at it... Especially 'real' organically grown dreads! But that's why they call it style, because everyone has their own. So, more power to dread lock loving people everywhere. I decided I needed to bring the dear home and give her a more flattering style. 


And I love how she turned out. Isn't she pretty? I wasn't sure if I was going to buy her a new wig or just go with one I had on hand. When I slipped on this Nellie wig though, I knew it was 'the one'. I have a few dolls with this style, including Calla, because much like the 'blonde boy' wigs I find for really cheap sometimes, I also find these. I've never paid more than $10 (including shipping) for one and they really are pretty nice top notch wigs. 


I dressed her in a cute little ensemble and she just seemed so much happier dressed and having her hair sorted. (Teehee) 


She is actually going to be a twin sister to Hector in the Doll House because they have identical face sculpts. You can see him here in the 'line up' of my Our Gen's collection or..


Here he is at Calla's Diner for a recent YouTube video I did. 


He was helping to celebrate Lilly Doll's Birthday. Isn't he handsome?


I'll have to take some photos of them together later today... 



I took her photo right after I got done with her makeover yesterday at like 5am. I have to be careful about light at that hour because my family is still sleeping. (Like most normal human beings, not everyone gets up at 4am like me. Hahaha!) So, I took her photos next to a white board as a backdrop... I had it held up by one of my 'boxes' of dolls... In one of the photos I managed to get Rose in the photo and it made me laugh, like she's doing a photo bomb. Haha. So I had to show you too.

Here are a few more 'before' photos so you can get a better look at that intricate hairdo. I have to say having her hair like that made cutting it all off pretty easy and mess free. Hahaha. Just snipped at the base of each braid and easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy it was off in no time. 





That's it for now Doll Friends... Time flies in the morning and it's time for me to start herding the cats getting my kids woken up and off to school... Wish me luck! They are both teenagers now and, well, it's like waking up Nosferatu or something I am telling you. 

Have a great day!
XXOO
Heather




2 comments:

  1. She has one of the prettier face sculpts I've seen for OG dolls. I like that wig, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Wonder why they don't use this one on modern dolls? Thanks! Do you have a doll made over with a Nellie wig too? I love to see customized dollies!! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete