Saturday, April 17, 2021

Thrift Finds And Left Behinds! American Girl Doll Julie and Styling Caddy & Vintage Doll Sized Books!


Greetings And Salutations Doll Friends!

Just here to report the latest Thrift Store finds and left beinds lately... 
To start, the finds...



I got this American Doll Julie for only $1.99! I mean, clearly, she needs a spa day makeover! Since her wig is so far gone, I plan to give her a new wig which will likely give her a whole new look!!


She didn't have any clothes on when I found her, I slipped her into this little yellow dress for the photos. As you can see her neck strings have been cut. I think a lot of people do that not knowing they were intentionally left long so the dolls head can be removed to tighten her linbs. I'll probably need to do that during her makeover because the her limbs could afford to be tightened. 


She actually wasn't marked when I found her at the Thrift... I think her price tags were attached here but someone ripped it off. So I just took her to the front and asked how much she was. Given she was so dirty and pathetic looking the clerk said $1.99? Of course I said "Sure, that'll work!"


As you can see, she is really dirty! Poor doll!



Then I also found this fabulous American Girl Doll Hair Salon Caddy! It didn't have anything in it but it's still a great find and will look fantastic when I do Hair Salon photo shoots in the future. 


I also got these fantastic vintage doll sized books. The covers of the 'Tales of Peter Rabbit' and 'The Velveteen Rabbit' were a bit rough but I think it just makes them look like 'antique' books. 


They actually aren't antiques, just vintage. The Velveteen Rabbit was printed in 1989 and The Tales of Peter Rabbit was printed in 1991. 


The Tale of Peter Rabbit even has color illustrations! 
The third small book was a modern book called Love Letters. It's the Love Letters of many famous writers of the past like Anais Nin, Franz Kafka and Jack London. 


Sorry for the doll nudity! But I found this My Life As Doll and she came this way. Now normally I wouldn't buy a My Life As Doll in such bad shape... However, this doll had the new sculpt from My Life As Doll that they, for some reason, haven't really featured on any but their deluxe dolls like the Scientist and the Blogger and Donut Shop Owner. So... I couldn't help myself since she was only $1.99. 


She needs a lot of work though, poor thing. She has ink pen stains on her upper chest.


When you lay her down and her eyes close, you can see her eyelids even need cleaning up.
So, yeah, she needs a day at the spa!


I found it a bit ironic that she was wearing this little hand made bracelet saying "LOVE".
So someone cared for her once at least a little bit. 


Now we come to the left behinds!! I put both of these beauties in my cart for a bit when I was at the thrift... Their bodies were junk but the face sculpt was so cute!! 


For some reason I can't now recall, I talked myself out of both of them?! Probably because I have way too many dolls and I need to thin them out, not keep adding to them! Won't say I'm not regretting being so 'logical' at the store. 


So pretty!


They were marked 2010 New Adventures LLC on a tag on their sides.




I also found this little bag with a pair of boots and a pair of Madame Alexander shoes with a small handbag as well. Even though it was only $1.99, I left them because, again, I have so so so many doll items already. 



Aaaaand even though she was still in her box and I don't have her in my collection and the little outfit would've probably have been what she was marked? I didn't buy her. Was another day that I was feeling like I should be clearing dolls out not collecting more unless they are higher end dolls or more rare dolls for a great price. 





And last but not least? This one came from eBay and not from the Thrift. 
However, I recently moved and had to pick and choose the most important bits of my doll collection to bring with me and space was the issue. So, one of the things I didn't keep was my My Life As Doll Dance Studio. Aaaand, I've regretted that decision since then. It's such a great item to use to photograph doll clothes when they are being modeled like the outfits I sew for my dolls in this post.


However, it's not something you can buy at Walmart anymore because they discontinued it. So... I've had it on my watch list on eBay. Aaaaand finally one was listed that I got for a pretty good price especially considering it's discontinued. I paid $36.00 plus shipping. I mean, sure, I was kicking myself for having gotten rid of the orignal one but I am glad of eBay so you have chance to replace things if you want to. 


Well, that's it for now... 

Hope you're having a great day!
XXOO
Heather 







 

1 comment:

  1. I see a lot of good in those dolls that you picked up. They're blank slates!

    ReplyDelete