Sunday, April 4, 2021

Adora Amazing Girl Aurora Comes Home To The Doll House As Easter Gift To Myself!


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!!

 I couldn't HELP it... 
Seriously!! 
I couldn't help it! 


I, innocently enough, went to do some shopping researching on Amazon recently... 
You know, to stay abreast of the lastest developments in the Doll Market... 
I do it all for you Dear Reader, don't you know? Teehee.
 So anyway, as I was researching, low and behold what do I find but that Amazon's Amazing Girls Doll Line had expanded to include more dolls than I'd seen before... 
What?! 
Of course my eyes were immediately drawn to the girl with the silver and blue hair! Ever since I got one of my very first dolls named Electra with silver hair, my eyes are always drawn to dolls with that hair color. 

So I go to check who she is and when I found her she was on sale!! For like $40!! Since they are normally like $59.99 I popped her into my cart immediately but... just let her sit, you know, to think about it. Then the next day, she was marked down to $39.56... Still, I tried to be good!! THEN they marked her down to $38.60. I just couldn't help it! Before I knew what I was doing, I had 'gone to checkout' and she was on her way home. Teehee. Sadly, and I hate it when this happens... when I just went to Amazon to post that link (above) I found her back to $59.99. Who can say what rhyme or reason they have at Amazon. I mean Mia is, as I type this, at $37.79 but who can say how long that will last. I wasn't tempted by her because, while I love her dark hair blue eyed combination I already have a doll in her face sculpt that I had to give teeth to because I didn't care for the 'duck bill' look she had without them. I do have another doll that has the same sculpt as Aurora... Dallas came home to the Doll House about two years ago but what can I say? I'm a sucker for 1) a sale and 2) silver haired dolls.   
Also, Easter was coming up and I figured she'd be a fantastic Easter gift to myself and she actually arrived the day before Easter! Perfect! 







So the rest of this blog will mostly be photos because it is the same, really, as my post about Dallas







I still don't understand why Amazon packages them this way? What, to save a few inches on the box size? Just makes no sense to me. Otherwise I love the way they are packaged, with the pretty paper around them and the white ribbons to tie them in and the shoes and such packaged separately so they don't stain the dolls... So why have their head like this? So weird. 





I should note that the boots were pretty hard to put on. Almost like they were made for a standard 18 inch doll but Adora Doll's feet are a bit bigger. See how you can see her toes pushing out in front? I mean if I were taking my child to buy shoes and they were this tight they'd be getting the next size up. Just saying. 


"Up up and away!!"




Here is Dallas welcoming her to the Doll House. Aren't they both so pretty? 






When I went to change her clothes I noted that the belt comes off so you could feasibly use the dress in 'non Super Hero' situations. I think perhaps I'll sell the outfit at some point to offset the price of the doll since I doubt I'd use it again except at Halloween perhaps. Perhaps. 


She comes in undies which is always nice. 


And here they are wearing Twinsy Outfits that were one of the very first gifts I got from my sister friend Frann


Aren't they adorable?! Get it? 
Adorable? 
 

Well that's it for now Doll Friends!
 I hope that you had a fantastic Easter! 


XXOO
Heather









 

1 comment:

  1. I have a weakness for dolls with 'fantasy hair colors' myself. Happy belated Easter.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete