Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Thrifting Lately; What I Left Behind and What I Brought Home!


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

I generally pop into my two favorite thrift stores every time I head into town when I go in for other errands or appointments. So this post is to catch you up on things that I've seen while out... Mind you, this is over several months, so keep that in mind because to have seen all this at one time at one thrift store on one day would've been out of this world. 

As you can see above, I saw this gorgeous Journey Girl Doll but... Given that I have way way too many dolls at this point and have about three Journey Girl Kelsey's in my collection at this point. Seeing the photo right now, I am having a tiny bit of regret because she's so pretty and had such a great outfit on but I'm sure some other lucky doll collector found her and was just as thrilled to get her as I might have been should I not have so many dolls already. 


I very often see Doll Horses... I don't really have room to store them anymore though so they always stay at the store. Maybe someday I'll have more room for such things again but as it is, I just don't have the room. I'm also trying to stay off the Hoarding show too! Hahaha. 



These two little dolls (above) were so cute and while they aren't the type I collect I just had to snap a photo because they made me smile. 


Oh my goodness it was hard to resist buying these two lovely ladies. The one on the right has the beautiful recent sculpt from Our Generation but... again, I have more than a few of that sculpt in my collection already and I only have so much room. Then there is the City Pals 14 inch doll... It was hard to resist buying her because I don't know if they will ever be released again. However, I already own every one of them that was released and... well... I only have so much room... 


 
You can also see that she had a hole in her cloth body... I could've mended her but...
Only so much time and so much room and I have more than a few dolls awaiting makeovers in my Doll House already! 



This doll was in her original meet outfit... It always surprises me so much when I see a doll that's never even been changed out of her meet outfit! I imagine it is when a doll is gifted to a girl who just isn't into dolls all that much.... What?! But I guess that's a thing. 
Hahaha. 




Again... 
This doll was so hard to pass up... She, again, has that gorgeous new sculpt... But again, I have loads of this sculpt already. 


Holy moly... This day that I went it was crazy how many 18inch dolls there were!! 


This is the My Life As Doll Washer and Dryer set... Again... NO more room!!


Another scooter... I love the colors on this one, purple and orange! I love when they don't make every single doll thing PINK. 


I love the little lockers but this one had fur on it and... Well, thats kind of weird. 



Another horse...



This doll made me smile! I had her when I was a girl... She is a My Baby Beth, a Fisher Price Doll. I had to take her photo so I could show her to ya'll. 




This was tempting because it was an actual American Girl Doll Salon Chair


Sadly it was broken. It was super heavy and just so cool... But, broken. 





Yet another horse...


Dolls dolls dolls!!


These were porcelain dolls, not my thing at all but so unusual that I had to show them to you!



Pretty cute face sculpts!!


Now.... For what I have bought...?


I bought this bag of cute sheep... It'll be great for Becky's Barn or to go with Charlsea's pets for photos someday...



Oops, this is out of order, I didn't buy her... Cute outfit though! I almost did!



Now this one is one I did buy and one I didn't. I didn't buy the little dresser but I did buy the doll! She's an older version of Our Generation Doll that I don't think I have her face sculpt in my doll collection and so I couldn't resist! I'll hope to get her cleaned up and give you a better look at her soon! 


This I couldn't resist! I plan to hang it in the Doll Room! It makes me smile every time i look at it... I love that they are praying, that they are a doll with a photo of a 'real' girl' in background. It reminds me of Dare Wright's photos!


Lastly I had to buy this little tea set. It only had one cup but the shape of them was too unique to leave them there. Can't wait to set up a Tea Party to put them in the photos! 

That's it for now sweet Doll Friends!

XXOO
Heather 







 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I go to one called America's Thrit Stores most often I think but also go to one called The Foundry pretty often (very rarely see doll stuff there although that's where I saw the Journey Girl in this post). :)

      Delete