Sunday, October 11, 2015

New 18inch Tolly Tot Doll Named Dakota

Greetings Doll Friends!

Depending on how long you've been reading this blog, you'll know that one of my all time favorite 18inch doll brands is one that is actually no longer produced. Luckily they are pretty readily available on the 2nd hand market and I've been able to get quite a few for the Doll House! Here is the second post I ever made about creating a background. If you look at the doll model in the photos, you'll see my very first 18" doll Rose. She was my daughters doll, purchased at a garage sale for $2 but she never cared for her too much and so she gifted her to me. Since then, I've gotten a few others. In this post I talk about upcycling doll clothes but a couple of my Tolly Tot dolls are models for it. This is the story of when I took a girl Tolly Tot and made it into one of my boy dolls. I even have a larger version in my 20" Ariel Doll. So, suffice to say, I really like them. 

One that I've been looking at for a while in a vague way, like "If I ever see her cheap enough, she is totally gonna be mine!" Well... I found her for a great deal for sure! $16.00 including shipping! As I've said before, it had to happen. 


She came nude but in pretty good shape, considering her price. She was very dirty but nothing my Norwex cloth didn't clean up pretty well and pretty easily. 


Even her eye's were a bit gunky.... Again, I cleaned them out with a Norwex cloth. 


Even though she was dirty she was in great shape. Her hair is amazing!




Here she is, all cleaned up!! I named her Dakota, after South Dakota where I went to High School and got married. 


Isn't her hair fabulous?!


She was excited to try on the cheer costume! She'd always wanted to be a cheer leader!


Here she is with Heather, ready to cheer on the team.


I think she will fit right into the Doll House. 


That's it for now Doll Friends!
Till Next Time!
XXOO














No comments:

Post a Comment