Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Even More Thrift Store & Goodwill Sights and Scores For The Doll House!


Doll Friends!!

I just can't seem to stay away from the Thrift Store and Goodwill... But how can you stay away when you find fun stuff like this and for mere pennies really. Obviously, I can't. Hahaha But check out the cool stuff in that top photo! I actually got all of that a few weeks ago and realized I'd forgotten to post about it when I went 'looking for' the post and there was none. Teehee... See the little doll in the photo? That's an American Girl Doll Mini Doll of Kit Kittredge and she was only like 25cents! Sure, she's missing her dress and shoes but considering they are alike $25 new, I was stoked. Not to mention, I have lots of mini-doll clothes in the Doll House and so am sure I'll find her just the thing to wear. 

By the way, I am not 'actively' collecting the mini-dolls as dolls to my 18inch dolls (Did that make sense?) But when they 'find me' I don't leave them, forlorn and sad, in the shop! Oh no, I do not. 

Anyway, so you probably saw the little cornucopia baskets if you saw my Thanksgiving Post. The purple and pink blanket is a MLA blanket, the little pillow is an old one from Battat, the little gold gift boxes will be lovely under the Christmas trees in the doll house, the little 'Elf on the Shelf books' are blank inside but oh-so-cute. I might print book covers that aren't Christmas themed at some point but... Who knows. The little "Merry Christmas" book is actually a pop-up book and that will be fun in photos! 

I love the little cross-stitched 'bags' of coffee, beans and sugar... One of these things is not like the other... I don't know if I could live without coffee or sugar but beans...? Well, I guess you gotta eat something. Hahaha. 


So the reason I went looking for the post I forgot to make (LOL) was because I found yet another American Girl Doll Mini Doll! This one is Rebecca Rubin and she's retired so finding her for 25cents when she's in her entire meet outfit, well, that's awesome! So now I have two more historical mini dolls for the Doll House! 


This I had to buy... It's a bit tall but I plan to use it as a Barbie for dolls... I think she's probably from the 1960s and might even be a 'real' Barbie? I am not sure... I plan to research her... when I get a clone to help me manage my life... KIDDING! But not really. Life is so busy in December! (and all year, who am I kidding!) 




This doll is likely going to be a baby doll for my dolls... I think it is also vintage and I also want to research to find out more about. For 10cents!! Unreal.




Some of the things I left behind... This cool jewelry box had a radio in it... How fun!



This wooden doll was about 18inches tall.... I guess I forgot to take a photo of her tag or markings but I think I've seen one before and posted about her... I'll have to get my clone to look that up too... Haha. Kidding! She's got such a cute face!


I gotta run! Where does the time go?
XXOO
Heather

3 comments:

  1. Great finds! The baby is a Zapf Creations Baby Born Mini World Doll. They had an entire "world" available to them, with lots of clothing, furnishings, and accessories. You can check them out on Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I'll check them out! Always new information to learn in the world of dolls!! <3

      Delete
  2. The 2nd vintage doll is a Dawn doll. I just loved those dolls. I had a brunette hair one.

    ReplyDelete