Sunday, December 2, 2018

Decorating The Doll House For Christmas 2018! Vintage Hallmark Mini Ornament Thrift Scores!


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

How can it be time to decorate for Christmas already! Yet, here we are. I've been pretty excited to decorate the Doll House Christmas tree! Over the summer I found two different instances of someone who collected Hallmark Ornaments having gotten rid of their entire collections to Goodwill! I honestly didn't even realize they made mini-ornaments either. I found so many of them for like 39cents and 59cents each! Considering they cost about $4-6 new, that's quite a good deal. For those of you unfamiliar with Hallmark ornaments, they are really top notch ornaments with really perfect attention to detail. My mother collected them and while she and I don't really get along, it is one of my good memories, going to get an ornament or two every year at Hallmark. 


So here we have Josh and Vito Doll bringing in the Christmas tree and setting it up. I decided to put up both this normal green tree and am also going to set up the modern blue one in an alternate living space. Why not use both and I certainly have enough dolls to help set them up. Teehee... 




The boys also brought down the heavy boxes of ornaments! 



First the girls set up the nativity since it's really the most important Christmas Decoration. 
Jesus is the reason for the season afterall! 



This is actually a pewter nativity I bought the year after I got married in Hawaii of all places. We had a tiny apartment and so I thought it was a perfect nativity for our small space at the time! Isn't it fabulous!?


Here are the girls putting up some of the Hallmark Ornaments. They each come in a box with a photo of the ornament on it and the boxes are literally like 10x too big for the ornaments! I mean they had to have a big enough box to display on the shelf but makes for a lot of space taken up by each ornament. I still plan to keep the original boxes though because half the fun is pulling them out one by one every year and seeing the boxes. What's really fun is that the ornaments I found all seemed brand new (never removed from boxes some of them!) but they were actually from the early 90s going forward... So it's almost like the dolls have been collecting them over many years like I might've if I had been collecting mini-ornaments since I was first married. Neat!!





And here it is, all finished! The bear in the red sweater and the two wreaths are from Hallmark too!






I'll try and take some close-ups of the ornaments during the month of December but I have to run for now!



Here they all are stored over the warm months in one of my fabulous Maplelea boxes! See how many I got?! Awesomeness! 


I spread it out a bit so you can see more what I got....



Better run!
XXOO
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Loretta! I love them too and am sure I'll be keeping my eyes open at thrift shoppes forevermore. LOL <3

      Delete