Thursday, September 3, 2020

Our Generation Retro Doll Cecee Thrift Store Find! And The Dolls I Left Behind...


Greetings And Salutations Doll Friends!

So... I have a weakness for thrift stores... As you may have figured out. It's like treasure hunting! I also, as you well know, have a weakness for dolls... Teehee. 
Ya think?

So, when I recently stopped into the local thrift store and found Our Generation Retro Cecee Doll in nearly new condition...? What can I say? She jumped right into my shopping buggy! 
She was marked $6.99 but she was worth every cent because she had her whole original meet outfit with extra's even! Even her shoes were on her sweet little feet! I mean she didn't have the little yellow bag she comes with but otherwise she was totally complete like she'd just left her box!

SCORE!


Isn't she fantastic? I am so glad to have added her to my collection! 





Proving I do have some modicum of self control?
She wasn't the only doll there that day...


There were a plethora of dolls really...


I forced myself to choose just one and Cecee was who I chose. 


But as you can see, there were a lot to choose from...
Surprisingly despite whatever condition they happened to be in they were all marked $6.99 each.
Weird right? 


A good deal of them had pretty cute clothes on and were in pretty good shape.


Others? Not so much...


I always feel so badly for dolls at thrift stores without a stitch of clothes on! Poor dears!


This one also had a nearly complete outfit on... I suspect she and Cecee came from the same collection. 


This little gal had an actual American Girl Doll dress on... I was tempted to buy her but forced myself to choose just one and left her there to be someone else's exciting doll find!



Some of them had "tattoos" and were pretty dirty...


And some of them had been very well loved.


See what I mean? There were plenty to choose from that day!


But Cecee had been on my wish list for a while now and so it was a pretty easy decision for me. 


Here are all the dolls laid out on the shelf next to each other...


They didn't start that way, I kind of gathered them all up and laid them side by side...
You know, so they wouldn't be lonely mixed in with the baby dolls and whatnot. 
Teehee...


So, see, I don't buy ALL the dolls I find.
Just most of them. 
Haha!

Better run!
XXOO
Heather 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment