Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Another Tolly Tot Joins The Doll House or How Could I Not?

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!!

So... Recently I've been trying to clear out dolls that I am not utterly enamoured with because, lets be honest, I likely have too many dolls. Then again, who's to say how many is too many afterall? I've watched YouTuber's who have over a 100 American Girl dolls and in my whole collection I only have maybe ten that I've paid that kind of money for. Just as I say that, I am actually not sure how many 'posh priced' dolls I own, I'd have to think about it... The number might even be less than that? No matter, it's an illustrative point regarding the cost of my dolls, right? I just almost get a bigger kick out of getting a 'previously loved' doll and bringing her back from Toy Box Trauma. Teehee. My point is that there are indeed other doll collectors who have over 100 dolls. I actually haven't counted mine in a while but I imagine that is about where my number is? Typing that makes me resolve to count! I'll let you know when I do. I am rambling... I guess my point in all this is I suppose there is no 'correct' number of dolls or anything else. There are other kinds of doll collectors as well, people who collect 'fashion dolls' in the manner of Barbie or Monster High etc... People who collect BJD's and CPK's and Chatty Cathy's and and and... Toys are, afterall, produced to make people happy so is it any surprise that they do? I think not. So, as she always says at the end of her videos on Sew4Dolls, "Enjoy your dolls!" 


So, all that being said, even though I have recently decided to clear out poor dollies in my collection who might be getting dust in thier hair, I am still in the habit of 'looking around' on eBay for specific 'favorites' in my 'saved searches'... You know, just to see what's out there and available. One of the searches I have saved is, naturally, Tolly Tot's 18inch Dolls. I suppose because Rose was my first 18inch doll I have a soft spot in my heart for them. No surprise then, when I saw this beauty on eBay with a starting bid price of only 99cents, I had to just, you know, bid the 99cents just to be sure I wouldn't have to kick myself for not doing it later. Because, sometimes... Not often but sometimes.... You get the item for the starting price. I don't know if it's because of the title of the auction being somewhat 'vague' or what but for whatever reason, this little beauty became mine for only 99cents.


Yes, but how much to ship her you ask? Only $9.99!! Between fee's and shipping I almost feel guilty because I worry the seller might've lost money on the deal? Ah well, such as the nature of eBay. She even sent a sweet note with her that says "I hope you love her as much as I do." which made me smile because I really do love her! 


Perhaps you notice the description says 'Customized'? Well, I love what the prior owner did!! Well, at least most of it. She gave her a french manicure and I absolutely adore it. This doll will live in sandals I can tell you that much because her toenails are so gorgeous and so are her finger nails! 



Sorry for the fuzzy photo. The prior owner also gave her freckles and a mole to the right of her mouth. I didn't mind the mole really other than she somehow made it very '3D' and it stood out quite a bit. So.... I took my Norwex cloth and wiped over it about 30 times and although I couldn't get it totally removed (I actually didn't want to take it off compleatly, it's kind of cute) I made it look a lot less like she has a skin cancer on her cheek. (Not trying to be ugly about it and I should've taken a before photo but trust me when I tell you, it was a large mole!) 

Being as I already have a blonde haired blue eyed Tolly in my collection (although I think this face sculpt is wholly different? I will have to do a side by side comparison and let you tell me what you think...?) I plan to give this little gal different hair. The wigs I am considering are below... I am literally about to start flipping coins because I can't decide. I love them all but am leaning towards the one that isn't curly because I am a bit worried the curly hair will be hard to care for? But on the other hand those wigs are so beautiful? So I don't know... 


Let me know your favorite in the comments!


Gotta run!! Where did that weekend go?
Till Next Time!
XXOO
Heather


**Update October 7, 2017**
I ended up giving her the last wig! You can see a post about it here. I also decided to name this doll Vicky after a life long friend because after she got her new wig, she looked just like her. 

XXOO
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment