Sunday, August 9, 2020

Thrift Stores Sights and Scores Over The Last Few Weeks!

Greetings And Salutations Doll Friends!First off, let me apologize for this being underlined... For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to get it to stop underlining and if I continue to try and fix it, I'll run out of the small window of time I have to write this post. So... Not trying to be over emphatic with the entire thing just trying to get used to Blogger's new format and for some reason it's decided I need to underline everything. I might come back later and try to fix it but... In the meantime, sorry if it's distracting! So for the last month or so, whenever I am in town, I drop into the local thrift stores. I know, I know, we are not meant to be going to more places than we 'have to' with the whole pandemic nightmare but... What can I say? Sanity is necessary too and thrifting keeps me somewhat sane. I wear a mask when I'm there and wash my hands and try to stay six feet away from other people and the whole nine yards so I do what I can. So this post is going to be a quick one because if I continue to try and wrestle with this new format that is driving me bonkers this morning I might just throw my laptop across the room! It keeps trying to change my 'ink' color to blue and I've been changing it back to black etc etc... Why do they feel they need to change everything all the time? As if the changes in the world aren't enough to drive us 'round the bend.The first photos will be photos of dolls and doll items I saw but didn't pick up. Mind you, this is over the course of weeks and weeks and several different thrift stores so it's not like I saw all of this at once. I mean  I find doll stuff pretty often but not in this quantity at one store or anything! Haha.The first couple of dolls here (above and below this text) are dolls I found intriguing and had never seen before. The one above with the sweet face and flowered dress was about 14inches tall and the one below this text was an 18inch doll. I don't have any information on them other than these photos I took. Perhaps if you've seen them or know anything about them you can fill me in on the comments. I am writing this all in one big 'section' of writing here because every time I click below a photo to write something it turns the color back to blue and, again, I don't want to throw my laptop across the room. So I am sorry for the strange format of writing but I only have a few moments before I need to go take my walk, yoga, eat breakfast and get ready for church this morning to get this posted! LOLSo the first photos you'll see are dolls and items I didn't buy. When I get to photos of dolls or items I did buy, I'll 'talk' again to let you know. If that makes sense... So, without further adieu, here are the dolls and things I 'left behind'...























Hello again! What?!?! Why did it stop underlining down here? Who knows... In any case, below are the dolls and items I did go ahead and buy. I wonder if it will let me talk between each photo without the blue and underlining. Let's see...

Sure enough, no blue and no underlining. Weird. So anyway, of course I had to buy this Tolly Tot Doll. A Tolly Tot doll was my very first 18inch doll that was my 'own' and so they have a special place in my heart! 

And, we are back to the underlining.... What?!? Blogger is driving me BONKERS today... Anyway, so the doll in the photo above I bought and brought home and cleaned up right away before I thought to take 'before' photos of her. The one's below here are ones that I've taken before photos of... Some of them have since been cleaned up and re-dressed in clean clothes but I haven't had a chance to take 'after' photo's of yet or, if I have, I haven't had the chance to edit those photos and get them posted here to blogger. I love my hobby so much but there are quite a few steps to getting each post to you. It's a labor of love and, over the last few weeks, I've gone back to working full time and so I have less and less time to get a chance to do hobby related things. I am adjusting and finding and or managing my time better and better but it's been an adjustment to be sure. So, I'll get back here to show you the after photos of all of them as soon as I can. If you follow me on Instagram you might've already gotten a sneak peek at some of them. I tend to take photos and they hit Instgram before anywhere else so if you've seen them, you might recognize them in these 'before' photos. Teehee...So, I am totally out of time. This is one of the most disjointed blog posts I think I've ever made but I am trying to start living my life in the 'not perfect but good enough' way of being just to keep putting one foot in front of the next one. So, it is what it is. My sweet doll friends, I am sure, will understand. I'll get back into the swing of things eventually and also explain the weirdness of my not posting any photos from my rather vast collection of dolls and doll related items at my home in Nebraska. It's been a brutal summer in my life, over and above all that's going on in the 'world' and... Well, too much to explain but suffice to say that my world has been turned upside down and my heart smashed to such a state that I sometimes wonder how I am even breathing. But, that is a story for another day. Maybe, saying I ever even tell it. It might be too much to ever articulate, the pain and agony of my real life... So, no promises. But trust me, it's been dreadful. However, it hasn't made me stop loving dolls and finding happiness in them and, nowadays, I'll take my happiness where I can find it. Mostly it is, of course, in Jesus. He is the only reason I am breathing and He really is the Truth and the Way and the Life.Love love love ya'll!XXOO
Heather 
















 

2 comments:

  1. Holy moly! Those are some great doll finds. My basket would be full, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The underlining you mentioned only seems to be visible if I hold the cursor directly over the text. It looks as if the text was somehow 'linked' to the photos. If you click on the text, an individual photo pops up. I agree that Blogger's new format isn't as intuitive as the old one and will take some getting used to.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete