Saturday, October 3, 2020

Thrifted Our Generation Doll Classic Face Sculpt Difference...


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

So recently I was at the thrift store and ran across this doll in an Our Generation Doll Carrier... 


I didn't really need or want a new doll really but could always use an additional doll carrier because I often carry my dolls out and about for Doll Photo's. So I wouldn't have even really looked at the doll to buy had she not been in the case with both being only $6.99. 



The doll carrier was nearly new, it even had it's orignal tag on it. I didn't have one in this print either so I was pretty stoked. I figured the doll would just be a bonus and maybe I'd even clean her up and sell her or something... However...


When I took her out to look her over I was a bit confounded. Her face sculpt looked a bit 'different' than other Our Generation Dolls with what I consider the 'classic' face sculpt.... 
What?!?!!?


But I was positive there was something different about her... Her nose seemed different somehow...


So I set about cleaning her up. She was also nearly new it seeemed. Kind of like she'd been gifted to a child and played with just a bit and then cast into the toy box to be forgotten. She still had her original hair band in with the little plastic fasteners still attached to her skull even, so she'd never had her hair brushed out properly before. Poor dear. 


As with all dolls I give makeovers to...
I just fell in love with her when she was all shined up and pretty again. 


Isn't she gorgeous! Her hair is just lovely!


So after she was cleaned up I took out another of my dolls with what I condsider to be the classic Our Generation face sculpts and put them side by side...


And sure enough, they looked a bit different. 


Here is the classic sculpt...


And the one I found at thrift... The bridge of her nose is different!


Do you see what I mean?


The slope of the thrifted dolls nose is decidedly different. 


So I don't really know what to make of it but I am super glad that I got the doll cos I love having a new sculpt in my collection and I think she's gorgeous! 

Do any of ya'll have the different sculpt?

Better run!
XXOO
Heather 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment