Saturday, September 30, 2017

Journey Girl PlayScape On Sale At Target!

Greetings Doll Friends!

I was looking around ToysRUs Journey Girls section on their website recently and noticed that they had the Playscape Playset on sale for only $12.98. However, I still wasn't really interested because it didn't seem to be 'big' enough to me to be a worthy investment of space or money even if it was so cheap. Until... I read some of the reviews and in the very top one it mentioned buying two of them and combining them to make a larger play area. Genius!! At less than $13 each, I could afford to get two and that meant only a few dollars away from free shipping. Luckily they had these hat and fur collar sets for like $4.50 and that made shipping free! Woot!


So when I got it home, I put it together almost immedately. I had wanted to tell you about the vespa I got for Frann Doll from Goodwill and knew this background would be perfect for that. 



Here they are (above) with just one of the backgrounds behind them...Then...


I added just the scenes to either side and half of the second base to make a larger play area and it worked out perfectly for the scene! I think this will be a lot of fun going forward for when I want to take 'outdoor' photos without going outside. 


It's a pretty neat set for $13 but if I'd have paid regular price I'd have likely been super annoyed at how flimsy it is. I am not sure how well this would stand up to regular play by real kids. I mean the back panels are actually made of board and pretty nice.... But the plastic base is really really lightweight and the screws that hold the 'columns' in place are very small and, I think, easily strip out and break. However, for the $13 and for me, an adult collector, it is a pretty nifty item to own! Well, when you have two of them anyway. 



Here they are on a 'park' bench in the double scene.


See how I set it up? I didn't put the second set together the way you're meant to, I just used half the 'base' on either side of my first set and leaned the scene boards to make it look twice as big. So if you're looking for an easy background for taking photos for your dolls, like if you sew for Etsy, this would be a great option! Naturally it has the 'indoor' scenes too but don't really need them because I have pretty neat scenes in the regular doll house. Eh?

Better run!
XXOO
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment