Saturday, September 9, 2017

Upcycle Doll Clothes From Newborn Sized Sleeper!


Hello Doll Friends!! 


Since I have been upcycling onesies recently, when I found this sleeper at thrift for 50c I decided to bring it home to experiment. Here is how it came out. 


I need to add some "soles" to the slippers because the current soles are only cloth but the little bug detail was too cute to just toss out without trying to make something of it. 


I left the cuffs on the shirt hemless cos the area is so small I can't get it on sewing machine. Material like this doesn't fray tho so I think it's kind of cute. 


The part of the sleeve I cut off became short leg warmers and the middle portion of sleeper was made into the hair tie. 


I tried to use as much of the sleeper as I could, like a challenge. Turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself. I just cut off and hemmed the top of the sleeper and cut off sleeves. Pretty simple. 


I wrote this from my phone because I don't feel like dragging out the computer right now so sorry for the sort of shorthand post! 


Hope you're having a great Saturday!!

XXOO

Heather 































No comments:

Post a Comment