Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Magic Attic Club Doll eBay Score!! Meet Megan!


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

I've always wanted to get a Magic Attic Club Doll... I got thier catalog back in the 1990's and loved it just as much as the American Girl Doll catalogs I also got. Being a woman in my 20's at the time I never ordered anything from either one, thinking, at the time, I was 'too old' for dolls. What silly thinking was that? Anyway, they are more rare than American Girl Dolls obviously because they went out of business long ago. They are always rather expensive on the second hand market on eBay and I'd never taken the plunge to spend such a large amount of money on a second hand doll. However, I knew if I ever found one at the right price, I'd certainly bring one home to the Doll House. 


Low and behold, this last week I did just that. 
At least I think that's who she is? Maybe she's Alison? My sister friend and I have been trying to figure out which we think she is since I sent her a photo about the minute I won the auction on eBay. In any case, whichever one she is, I got her for a great price. I am sure the reason is that she was listed as a Tolly Tot's Doll not a Magic Attic Club Doll. I keep Tolly's in my search engine on eBay because, well, they are some of my favorite dolls. However, when I saw this little beauty listed, I knew she wasn't a Tolly but figured the rest of the Doll World would see the same and I'd never win the bid. I literally threw in a ridiculously low price and forgot all about it thinking I'd never win the bid. Until I did! I almost passed out! Well, maybe not but I was very shocked. 
I got her for only $14.99 plus $10 shipping! 
Unreal!!


When I got her home I figured out why the seller thought she was a Tolly Tot. She is wearing a Tolly Tot outfit and the tags were in it. A really cute outfit at that. I love her shoes!!!



She was in nearly perfect shape, as if she'd been owned by an adult collector. 




Here is her outfit. I might just list the key knecklace on eBay because I don't really care if I own it and I bet they are rather rare... I need to start listing things on eBay here and there to weed out my massive hoard collection and recycle some Doll Mad Money. Someday...


I think this might even be her original rubber band in her hair? 


Which brushed out so nice!! She's just lovely!! Here she is wearing the outfit that came on Hannah (at least that is what I think I am going to call her), my My Salon Doll. They are nearly identical in body type and it fits like it was made just for her. 


Magic Attic Dolls were sculpted by the famous doll maker Robert Tonner and are very beautifully done. I am so glad to have one in my collection! 



So glad I got her! I think I will keep her 'given' name since she's got story books and the whole works...

Better run!
XXOO
Heather




2 comments: