Friday, January 4, 2019

Photo Review Of My Salon Doll Malaree Moser


Hi Doll Friends!

As I mentioned in my last post, I went to a hotel recently... Knowing I was going, I brought along several dolls that I'd wanted to get photos of. Hotels usually have ok lighting and oftentimes suitable backgrouds for doll photos. 


I knew I wanted to bring along my 'My Salon Doll' Malaree Moser... I got her for Christmas and hadn't really had a chance to look her over myself because I was so busy with Christmas and then planning my daugters party. Knowing I was going to review her, I thought it'd be cute to bring her a robe... I'd been needing to show you this Our Generation 'Good Night Sleep Tight" set and what better time than now?

Side note: I am shaky on that name. I liked Moser because it as a family name and I thought it might be fun as an unusual first name. But it just doesn't 'fit' the doll when I think of her and the name together... Does that happen to you? A few of my dolls have been re-named for that reason. 


Kind of an interesting set in that it's just a robe, socks and accessories. I love that it has an extra tissues box... I only have one in the doll house and I like this blue one better. 


So here is little Miss Malaree-for-now in the set. Isn't she adorable in it?


*Nude Doll Warning!*
Since she's such a rare doll I am showing you her body type... She reminds me a lot of Just Pretend or Carpatina dolls if not a bit heavier. 




Here she is 



Oh, Doll Friends... I never like to say anything negative about dolls, especially dolls that are beautifully sculpted as this beauty is! The way they rooted her hair is utterly unique, it's supposed to be heat stylable. However it looks so thin and fragile to me I am almost afraid to even brush it much less heat style it! I'm just not sure what I think of it. I will have to see how it brushes out when I finally get brave enough to take it out of the ponytails. 


Even her flat little rearend reminded me of the Just Pretend or Carpatina dolls. 


Back in the robe! So... I think that the sculpt and body of this doll are likely at 9-10 out of 10. The hair... I am not sure about. Do any of you have this doll? What has been your experience with the hair? I'd love to hear any feedback about it. 


She really is stunning, thin hair or not. 

Happy Friday!
XXOO
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    First, great blogs! I have been reading your blog for a long time but didn't post any comment. Second, I feel like saying something about the My Salon Doll since I have 4 of them. I like the idea of real HH as doll hair and have many doll wigs that are made with HH. I feel they can use a bit more hair. It probably all comes down to cost and I am willing to pay a bit more for more hair. The amount of hair on my 4 dolls differs amongst them. Some I think I can live with, some I think need more hair. Kids have lots of hair so I believe if these dolls represent children, they should have more hair.
    What you think about their hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I cannot check the "Notify me" button. I'll try to check back for your reply.
      Bao

      Delete