Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Recent Customized My Life As Doll; Meet Miss Evelyn!!



Greetings And Salutations Doll Friends!!

As you may recall I recently went a bit bonkers buying wigs wigs wigs when I found what I think are authentic American Girl Doll wigs on eBay. One of those wigs was labeled "American Girl Dark Brown Natural Wig"... And it was the sweet curly wig you see here on a My Life As Doll doll I have decided to name Evelyn. I didn't really buy the wig with any particular doll in mind, I just thought it was a cute fun style and knew the right doll would come along. I can't really recall the origins of this MLA Doll? Isn't that pathetic?! I used to be so on top of all the details? But in any case upon slipping this wig on this doll I knew it'd be the one that will get glued on.



                 What do you think? Isn't she adorable? She makes me think of that nursery rhyme: 

There was a little girl with a little curl
right in the middle of her forhead
and when she was good she was very very good
and when she was bad she was horrid!

At least I think that's how it goes...  
*googles*


Well, I was spot on but little did I know it is actually a poem. The part I knew was just the first stanza! The poem, written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, is a bit dark: 



 
THERE was a little girl,
And she had a little curl
  Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good
She was very, very good,        5
  And when she was bad she was horrid.
 
One day she went upstairs,
When her parents, unawares,
  In the kitchen were occupied with meals,
And she stood upon her head        10
In her little trundle-bed,
  And then began hooraying with her heels.
 
Her mother heard the noise,
And she thought it was the boys
  A-playing at a combat in the attic;        15
But when she climbed the stair,
And found Jemima there,
  She took and she did spank her most emphatic.
 



Hmmm... Who knew? 


I think she's fabulous! Customizing dolls, even with just a change of the wig, is so much fun!

Gotta run!
XXOO
Heather













2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,

    What a unique and beautiful doll this is! I really had to comment, because this doll just looks like my friend when she was a young child. She had the same hair and haircolour, the same eyes, the same freckles and the same face! It is unbelievable, but true...
    You can be sure, this doll really looks like a real girl...
    Well done!
    Thanks for your beautiful blog. As I said before, I really enjoy it!

    Reintje

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really like this wig! The doll is adorable. I like regular coloured wigs. * smile *

    ReplyDelete