Sunday, June 9, 2019

Thrift Thrift Thriftety Thrift... Latest Sights and Purchases From The Thrift Store!


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends,

Just a quick post to show you the sights and purchases I've, well, seen and purchased recently at the Thrift Stores... The first photo (above) is not dolls but something about these pretty little figurines compelled me to take their photo. So pretty!


I already own a tea cart just like this or I might've picked it up... Upon consideration now I am kind of kicking myself because it'd also make a great cart for the Farmer's Market. Oh well, you can't buy all. the. things. 
Right? 


Once upon a time I would've purchased this set of board books and recovered them with alternate covers from American Girl Ideas book printables... But I have so many doll books as to be ridiculous and have made some like that in the past and so I passed on them. Looking at them now, I am having a 'Why didn't you get them' moment after looking at American Girl Ideas for the link to share with you and finding that she has printables for encyclopedias! Rats. Oh well, I'll have to look for another set.  


This Santa!! I had him in my cart for quite some time but ultimately decided against him because I'd have to store him all year... Kind of kicking myself about this one too. I put the old school Battat doll next to him to show you how he is scale wise. I should've gotten him! Oh well, maybe he will be there when I go next time... Santa's don't really sell as well this time of year so who knows.... Oh, and I bought the forlorn Battat doll... She might lose her head because she has an ear that's chewed up... We shall see. 


Neat dresser... I have loads of them though...


Pretty porcelain doll I saw...


Another doll sized furniture item... But I don't need any more of them...


I did buy this little pitcher...


And all of this. (above) I love the little rugs! I assume they were coasters? But they'll make great little rugs for the Doll House!



I know I just said I don't need any more dressers... Well... For some reason I couldn't leave this one there. It's really heavy and made out of wood... I scoured the internet looking for it so I could maybe find out it's origins and all I found was...


This photo of the complete set in a completed auction somewhere. Realizing it was meant to be a dresser for a baby doll makes me feel a little silly but I think it'll still be cute in the Doll House.

I better run or I'll be late to church!
XXOO
Heather

1 comment:

  1. That pitcher is adorable, and so is the dresser. Yes, those rugs are coasters. I used to have a matching mousepad rug.

    ReplyDelete